Phyllis is the owner of Dakota Orofacial Myology and leads the Speech – Language Pathologists and Orofacial Myologists teams. She received her Master of Science in Speech/Language Pathology from Minnesota State University Moorhead and Bachelor of Science in Communication Disorders from the College of Saint Teresa. She began her private practice as a speech-language pathologist in the Fargo-Moorhead area on September 1, 1994. In May, 2010, she received her certification in Orofacial Myology from the International Association of Orofacial Myology (IAOM).
Phyllis has practiced in a variety of settings including public schools, Head Start, Early Intervention Program, and private practice to enhance her experience.
- Member, American Speech and Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Member, Heartland Healthcare Network
- Education Board, International Association of Orofacial Myologists (IAOM)
- Licensed in MN and ND to perform speech and language therapy
- Certification of Clinical Competence, ASHA
- Certification in Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders, IAOM
- Trained in Sequential Oral Sensory (SOS) Feeding Program